Monday, February 23, 2015

War Horse

Honestly, I really did not enjoy this film.  The plot did not keep me entertained throughout.  It was just following a horse's story while it paved its way through the battlefield of world war one.  The love story between the owner and horse was cute and all, but it was pretty expected and for some reason I just couldn't get into it.  I never really got emotional, or felt for the horse as it went through its struggle, or for the boy as he joined the war and reconnected with his horse.  I also don't feel like it taught me much about the war, other than the fact that a lot of horses died.  Overall, just not a movie I would recommend or want to watch again.  However, it does apply to things today because horses at that time were like dogs in todays day and age.  Horses used to be soldiers best friends, and now dogs are always with soldiers and the bonds that are formed are great.

No comments: