Friday, March 20, 2015

Bomb

I really liked this movie.  I'm pretty sad that the movies about the mob are ending because both films that we showed are great.  I really enjoyed this movie because my dad actually had connections to John Nardi and told me stories about this time.  So I felt like I had a connection to this time as well because of the insight I got from him.  It's also sweet because this all took place in Cleveland, so we are kind of just living in a place where a lot of history took place.  All this together makes you really enjoy a movie.  I really liked the character of Danny Green as well, obviously, so it was just a great film to watch altogether.

This is tough.  Danny Green is a man who is going to get what he wanted.  He grew up an orphan and was not privileged at all.  He worked his way up, and worked hard.  He got involved with the mob but then eventually broke off.  He tried to get away from that lifestyle and just live a family life, but got dragged back in after a bad deal.  This is how the Irishman nickname came about.  After he got dragged back in, he took business away from the mob and they tried to kill him, but were unsuccessful.  He claimed it was due to the luck of the Irish.

1 comment:

Burk said...

I agree - it is tough. Hard to knock him, but you can't forget about his line of work. In any case, I think you've done him justice with your description.