Thursday, April 9, 2015

Apollo 13

This movie was just okay for me.  I think that the space race is very interesting and I usually really love Tom Hanks, but I just wasn't really feeling this movie for some reason.  I thought the people playing the crew did well, and it was an interesting story, but for some reason I wasn't very connected to it.  It is a very crazy thing because I didn't know much about Apollo 13, so seeing the events that happened were pretty cool, and it's great that they made them back.

I would say that the main theme that I picked up on was teamwork.  Throughout the movie, all of the crew members had to rely on each other and the people back in the US to make it back home safely.  Even when one crew member couldn't go, they relied on the new one with teamwork and all made it.  This movie really showed that the power of teamwork can accomplish anything, especially if you can use it off of this earth.  I thought it was a pretty powerful message.

No comments: