Thursday, April 16, 2015

The Hurt Locker

I really enjoyed this movie.  Right from the beginning I was hooked when the squad was trying to disarm the bomb.  I thought it had a lot of good action scenes, along with the emotional part to keep you fully engaged.  I thought that the movie did a good job of showing you the emotions that go along with doing risky things like this, and how it affects all of the people who love you.  It also showed how hard it is to come back home and try and act normal.  It definitely taught me more about the subject of war.

This had the impact of showing me what really can go on during the war.  At times it was hard to imagine doing that on a daily basis.  It really puts things into perspective and makes you appreciate the people who are fighting for us.  My favorite scene was when Sanborn and James were talking and James was saying he didn't even know how he had the guts to do the things he did.  I thought it was a very powerful conversation.

I think the hurt locker is the locker all of the dead soldier's possession goes in.  I think this because at the beginning when the first guy died, Sanborn put all of his stuff in a locker.  So I think it's basically a dead man's locker.

No comments: